Zain’s FLOURLESS Cauliflower Crust Pizza (vegan or non-vegan)
Cosy up with my healthy gluten free pizza tonight!
2 Cups Grated Cauliflower (I use a food processor but hand grater is fine too)
1/4 Cup Egg Whites OR for ** Vegan Version combine 1 Tbsp Flax Seeds + 1/8 cup warm water and allow to sit then use like the egg in the recipe
2 Scoops SUNWARRIOR Natural Protein Powder (optional)
1 Clove Garlic
1 Tbsp Walnuts
1 oz Skimmed Organic Mozzarella OR for **Vegan Version use Vegan Cheese or Cashew Cheese
1 Tsp Oregano
2 Tsp Parsley
1/8 Tsp Brewer’s Yeast (optional, but gives a richer flavour)
Himalayan Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Pesto (from bottle or 4-5 leaves fresh bunch basil, 1/2 bunch coriander, 1/8 tsp brewers yeast, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 tsp Olive Oil, 1/2 Tbsp pine nuts, salt and pepper to taste all blended.)
1 Tbsp Organic BPA Free Pizza Sauce (from bottle or tomato paste blended with oregano, garlic, salt and pepper)
1/2 Cup Wild Mushrooms OR Portabello
1 oz Low Fat Goat’s Cheese OR Feta Cheese OR Skimmed Mozzarella, Boccacini, Raw Cheeses
1/2 Cup Peppers, Onions, Spinach, Tomatoes Or Any Other Veggies Of Your Choice
Protein Options of Your Choice
1/2 Cup Pineapple
Herbs such as Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Chives
Butternut Squash Puree OR Pumpkin Pure
1. Preheat oven to 450 F and spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or use parchment paper
2. Pan fry grated cauliflower in a sprayed frying pan over medium heat and cook until it becomes translucent. Meanwhile, place all other ingredients for crust in a food processor and blend until smooth
3. In a bowl combine cooked cauliflower and blended ingredients and spread dough out over cookie sheet
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. OR use a forno oven if you have one an bake for 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare and pan fry remaining optional toppings and veggies until cooked.
5. Remove the crust from the oven and add. Add pizza sauce and pesto and top with mushrooms, optional toppings, and cheese.
6. Place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts slightly. Serve warm!